Cosmetic dentistry in the dental industry focuses on improving the appearance of the teeth and mouth. Unlike general or preventive dentistry, which focuses on oral health, cosmetic dentistry focuses on aesthetics. Although many dental procedures can be considered cosmetic (such as teeth whitening or braces), most dental insurance plans do not cover these procedures. That said, the popularity of cosmetic dentistry has led to a wide range of affordable options, making it more accessible than ever before. At Gentle Touch Family Dentistry, our cosmetic dentist provides various dental services intended to improve the appearance of your smile. Services offered by our cosmetic dentist can include:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures performed by cosmetic dentists. Teeth can become stained due to smoking, certain foods and drinks, and aging. Teeth whitening can help restore your teeth to their natural color or even make them whiter than they were before.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are thin, custom-made shells bonded to your teeth’ front surface. They are used to cover up discoloration, chips, cracks, or gaps in your teeth. Porcelain veneers are made from high-quality material that looks like natural tooth enamel.
- Dental Implants: These are artificial roots placed into your jawbone to support replacement teeth (known as crowns).
- Tooth Bonding: This is a procedure in which tooth-colored resin is applied to your teeth and then hardened with a special light.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are false teeth used to “bridge” the gap created by one or more missing teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures (false teeth) are prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Dentures are removable and can be used to replace all of the teeth on both upper and lower jaws (full denture) or just some of the teeth (partial denture).