Restorative Dentist Tooele UT
Restorative dentistry deals with replacing or repairing missing or damaged teeth. A restorative dentist focuses on restoring your teeth, involving anything from fillings and crowns to implants and bridges. In short, if you have any dental issue that needs fixing, a restorative dentist can help. Our restorative dentist at Gentle Touch Family Dentistry strives to restore your mouth to its full function and appearance. This means we will work to correct any issues you may have with your teeth. This could involve anything from filling a cavity to placing a crown on a damaged tooth. In some cases, it may even include getting dental implants.
No matter what issue you are having with your teeth, our restorative dentist can help. We will work closely to develop a treatment plan to address your specific needs. Once your treatment plan is ready, we will start fixing your teeth so you can enjoy the benefits of a healthy, beautiful smile. If you need dental care for preventive purposes or restoring an existing problem, you should consider visiting our restorative dentist. We’re experts in the field!
Most people see the dentist for two reasons: to have their teeth cleaned or to get a cavity filled. But what about when you have a more serious dental issue? That’s where a restorative dentist comes in.
Signs & Symptoms
The Best Dental Services In The Tooele Area
Contact us to schedule an appointment or visit our website and start not only yours but your children’s and family’s journey to a brighter smile in Tooele Utah!
We are proud to provide high-quality dental care to patients with a gentle touch. Our friendly and experienced team of dentists and hygienists offers complete preventive, teeth whitening, cosmetic, and restorative dental services in one convenient location in Tooele and the surrounding communities.
How Gentle Touch Family Dentistry Can Help
Restorative dentists use a variety of techniques and procedures to improve the health of your teeth and gums. Here are some of the different procedures that our restorative dentist may use to treat your oral health condition.
- Fillings: A filling is used to restore a tooth damaged by decay. The filling material is used to fill in the hole left by the decay.
- Crowns: A crown restores a tooth that is broken, cracked, or too damaged to be fixed with a filling. It is used to support a dental bridge or cover a dental implant.
- Bridges: A bridge can replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of two crowns placed on the teeth on either side of the gap, with false teeth in between.
- Dentures: Dentures are used to replace all of the teeth in an arch (top or bottom). Dentures are made of either plastic or metal and can be removable or fixed. Fixed dentures are bonded to the natural teeth or Implants in your mouth.
- Implants: An implant is used to replace a missing tooth. The implant is placed into the jawbone and allowed to bond with the bone over several months. Once the bonding process is complete, a dental crown is placed on top of the implant to restore the tooth.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays restore large cavities or areas of damage. Inlays are made outside of the mouth and then bonded into place, while onlays are made directly in the mouth.
- Soft Tissue Grafts: A soft tissue graft replaces lost gum tissue around the base of a tooth. The gum tissue is taken from another part of your mouth and grafted onto the area where it is needed. The graft helps reduce sensitivity and improve aesthetics.
- Tissue Scores: A tissue score is used to remove excess gum tissue from around the base of a tooth. The procedure involves making shallow cuts in the gum tissue so it can be repositioned around the tooth for better aesthetics and function.
You might be surprised to learn that restorative dentistry isn’t just for fixing cavities and cracked teeth. In fact, there are many different ways that restorative dentistry can improve your oral health.
- Restorative Dentistry Can Improve Your Oral Health: If you’re suffering from tooth decay, gum disease, or other oral health issues, restorative dentistry can help. Restorative dentistry can improve your oral health and help you avoid more serious problems down the road by fixing issues like cavities and cracked teeth.
- Restorative Dentistry Can Enhance Your Appearance: In addition to improving your oral health, restorative dentistry can also enhance your appearance. If you’re unhappy with how your teeth look, restorative procedures like veneers and teeth whitening can give you a smile you’ve always wanted.
- Restorative Dentistry Can Help You Save Money in the Long Run: Investing in restorative dentistry now can help you save money in the future. By fixing problems like cavities and gum disease, you can avoid more costly procedures down the road. In addition, keeping your teeth healthy will reduce your risk of developing other health problems like heart disease and diabetes, which can be very expensive to treat.
If you require restorative dentistry, we can help. Our team is experienced in a variety of dental restoration procedures and would be happy to talk with you about what might be the best option for restoring your smile. So schedule an appointment today, and let us show you how we can help.